Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What do you mean I'm not dying?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    What do you mean I'm not dying?

    Big-spending Briton wants payback for cancer scare

    LONDON- A British man who went on a wild spending spree after doctors said he only had a short time to live wants compensation because the diagnosis was wrong and he is now healthy--but broke.

    John Brandrick, 62, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer two years ago and told that he would probably die within a year.

    He quit his job, sold or gave away nearly all his possesions, stopped paying his mortgage and spent his savings dining out and going on holiday.

    Brandrick was left with little more than the black suit, white shirt and red tie that he had planned on being buried in when it emerged a year later that his suspected "tumor" was no more than an non-life threatening inflammation of the pancreas.

    "When they tell you you've got a limited time and everything, you do enjoy life," Brandrick, from Cornwall in the west of England, told Sky television.

    "I'm really pleased that I've got a second chance at life...but if you haven't got no money after all this, which is my fault--I spent it all--they should pay something back."

    If he can't get compensation, he is considering selling his house or suing the hospital that diagnosed him. The hospital has said that while it sympathizes with Brandrick, a review of his case showed no different diagnosis would have been made.


    I guess he better be putting a "For Sale" sign up then.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What do you mean I'm not dying?

    That has got to suck.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What do you mean I'm not dying?

    Man that does suck!!!!! I don't blame him I woulda spent it all too, but I would also be pissed just like him!!!!
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •